Sunday, January 18, 2009

Matthew 5:44

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

I do not care for our President Elect, but I am making a commitment to pray for him. I have already been asking the Lord to keep him safe, but I want to go further than that, I would like for God to put his hand on his shoulder and his heart and show him the error of his ways.

This is an historic time for our country. I do not like Obama's politics, quite frankly I find them more than a little scary. I fear for our country and it's safety. This is why I will be asking G_d to guide him.

I am hoping that you will join me in praying for the new President.





2 comments:

apackof2 said...

Joining you in praying for Barack Obama's salvation and protection for America & Israel

The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much!
James 5:16

Tee said...

Heather,

I must admit I did not vote for Obama and am not impressed with him. However, this past week we attended a prophsecy conference at a local church that was POWERFUL! The Lord so convicted me about praying for him and praying that he will be surrounded by Godly people that will give him good, Godly advice. So I too am committed to praying for the Pres. Ditto to the other comment, we must pray for protection of the US and Israel.